hada labo air bb cream review

15:53

Hi girls (or guys)! I hope you had a wonderful day and if there's anything bothering you, just remember to go back to Allah and in shaa Allah He will help you with whatever you're facing now! :)



So, let's get back to the point of this post. I think I've used this product long enough to write a review on it. To be exact, I'm almost finishing up with this and I'm squeezing the heck out of the bottle to get the product out (yes, I need to get a new one).  So let's get into the basics, I purchased it at SASA, City Square, JB, Malaysia in early January 2015 so it's almost a solid 12 months for RM40 (It was on sale). Mind you that I don't wear bb cream every day but if I do wear, I would often reapply after my zuhur prayers (because we all know to pray, you gotta have wudhu').

Hada Labo is a Japanese skincare brand that's famous for its' toner and facial cleanser for its' whitening and hydrating effect. For Muslims, do not worry, this product is safe to use. I was looking for a hunt for a perfect BB cream since my friend (in high school) was a huge fan of BB cream and her skin looks amazing. So, I decided one day to give it a try. Before this I used ZA BB cream but I didn't like it because it made my face grey as I have olive skin and the BB cream only comes in one colour.

Hada Labo Air BB Cream has 2 colour which is perfect for those who prefers using BB rather than foundation. There's Natural Beige (light) and Ivory Beige (medium).

Pic taken from google. 
Mine is Ivory Beige because I tan easily so I thought it would be better to have something that is as close to my natural skin.

So here are a few pictures that you might want to look at.

The left picture is my bare face without any face makeup or skincare on. The right is with only the BB Cream on.
Left: Before, Right: After
As you can see, it brightens my skin without making it look unnatural. It blends into the natural skin colour and conceal (a bit) of my dark under eye as well as redness on the side of my nose.

Look at how it looks before I blend it using fingers. 

This is the texture.


Now let's look at what claims to do and I'd give a rating out of 5 stars.
(0= false, 1=not so much true, 2=true but only during application, 3=okay but doesn't last long, 4=good, 5=great, absolutely true!) whereas the indented words are my comments on it (if I have any)

Mind you that this claim taken from Guardian website :) Click here to find out more and purchase it!


(5/5) • Brightens Complexion
Natural shades helps to brighten skin complexion for a more radiant look.

(4/5)  • Perfect Skin Tone
Helps to even out skin tone.
The longer I wear, the more it soaks into my skin making it looking more natural. Great for indoor, not suitable for outdoor because it leaves a sticky feeling.

(3/5) • Concealer
Conceals dark spots, fine lines and blemishes.
Light coverage as a concealer because it fades after 4 hours.

(3/5) • Whitening
Contains Arbutin to help fight dark spots.
Instant whitening, yes. Long term? Not so much. Once removed, viola, you're normal back again. The similar effect of what foundation does. However, it did help a bit to whiten my skin because I tan easily but not so much to a point that I don't need any whitening product to treat my sunburn/ suntan.

(4/5) • UV Protection
With SPF50+PA+++ to provide broad spectrum protection from UVA/UVB rays.
SPF 50?! Yeah, man! 

(2/5) • Hydrate
With Super Hyaluronic Acid to instantly plump up skin for a visibly soft and supple skin.
At first yeah it was okay, but not after 1 minute of application. You'd have to wear a moisturizer underneath it. 

(4/5) • Anti-Aging
With Hydrolyzed Collagen to improve skin's elasticity.
I'm young, why not start early? It did help with my laugh line. 

(3/5) • Oil Control
With Witch Hazel Extract to help control oil for a complete matte look.
Controls only when indoor, but for only 4 hours. 

(4/5) • Minimizes Pores
Help to refine pores for a visibly clear smooth skin.
Yes! Unless if you pack on a ton of powder.

(4/5) • Anti-Oxidant
With Vitamin C to help fight free radicals.
Like I said, it did help a bit to treat my tan.

Overall, it was worth it the price and I would definitely repurchase it. Would I recommend it? Yes! A bit of disclaimer, I am a nobody and I am not paid to do this review. Skincare had always been my passion and I know if I were to buy any products I'd look it up on google and read reviews on it so this is my honest review and I hope it helps you in many ways.

Peace upon be you. Adios, xoxo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments